HoldUp Evo Recall – Dealer Registration
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE: NHTSA ID 18E038
Attention Yakima Dealer:
Yakima has enacted a voluntary safety recall for a small component assembly in 2018 spring released HoldUp EVO family hitch racks produced between March 1st and April 30th 2018. This recall affects HoldUp EVO 1.25” (#8002480), HoldUp EVO 2” (#8002479), HoldUp EVO +2 (#8002482), and SingleSpeed (#8002481) bicycle hitch racks produced during this time period.
Yakima holds consumer safety at an utmost priority. This recall affects all inventory received prior to June 1st, 2018. We ask you, as our business partner, to take the following steps to ensure any units you have are checked and remedied if necessary to ensure the continued safety of our consumers and your customers.
- Remove and quarantine all HoldUp EVO/SingleSpeed received prior to June 1, 2018. Any units received after June 1 will have a round white QC stamp on the end of the box near the bar code – these have been inspected and marked with the QC stamp and not under recall.
- Submit any consumer contact information for purchases made from March 1 to present. Email and mailing address is the preferred information as recall notices must be mailed to consumers. Please send customer contact information to email@example.com.
- Complete the registration fields below.
Yakima will provide the following upon completion of the dealer registration:
- Yakima will send a dealer recall kit to remedy the products on hand. Dealer kit will include the following
- Dealer recall letter
- New pins for the quantity of units registered
- Recall credit request form
- Postage paid return envelope
In exchange for the recalled pins Yakima will issue a credit of $10.00 per reworked finished good (part #s 8002479, 8002480, 8002481, and 8002482). Please place the recalled pins and the Credit Request form in the self-addressed postage paid return envelope. Upon receipt of the recalled wedges, Yakima will issue the credit to your account.
For consumer inquiries, please direct them to the consumer recall registration site https://explore.yakima.com/holdup-evo-recall-consumer . For additional questions, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Customer Service at 888-925-4621.
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your partnership in this matter. If you have any questions, please contact Yakima via our Dealer Service team by phone at 800-269-7623, or via the recall inbox email@example.com.