See the suggested 2016 Assortment for the Yakima StreamLine System!
Greetings from Yakima Headquarters!
This month’s update will provide more details of how the new Yakima StreamLine Roof Rack System will be even easier to stock and sell in 2016. All new StreamLine products will be available to ship on February 15TH, 2016. Don’t run out of current product before you have the new replacement products.
This update includes the more detailed explanation for the following:
• The suggested inventory assortment for all the new StreamLine towers, clips, and bars.
• Details to a stress-free transition from Q Clips to the new BaseClips
• The BASIC BaseClip library provides over 80% fit coverage for naked roof vehicles with only 18 SKUs! The COMPLETE BaseClip library has only 52 SKUs!
• We’ll have even more fits ready than the 200 we had planned! In February 2016, we will have over 500 vehicle fits available to sell, representing about 95% of all roof rack sales!
initial crossbar assortment
- Each retailer should evaluate the bar assortment that is right for their customer base. This is our recommendation for an initial stocking order, based on historical sales and dealer insights.
INITIAL CLIP ASSORTMENT
The Q Clip library will be replaced by the BaseClip library, which currently has 67% less SKUs. Use the following guidelines to plan your initial assortment of BaseClip inventory.
Remaining Q Clip Library for 2016
The remaining Q Clips for 2016 include the most popular Q Clips and those for rare vehicle fits that will replaced by BaseClips by the end of 2016.
- Keep ALL Q Clips in stock until February 15th, 2016
- The remaining Q Clips listed below can be carried at 25% of your 2015 stock level
- The number of SKU’s on the “Remaining Q Clips” list will shrink throughout 2016
- Yakima will provide monthly updates to these lists through 2016
2016 FIT BOOKS
- Yakima will publish two printed fit-books in 2016, with a Spring edition and a Late Summer edition.
- The 2016 Fit Books will contain fit information for the old and new towers, and all Yakima crossbars.
- The newest and most up-to-date fit information is always at fitlookup.yakima.com! Yakima strongly recommends the use of this online resource throughout 2016, or anytime you can’t find a vehicle in the printed fit list.
Thank you for your support of the Yakima brand. Please contact your Yakima sales representative, or dealer services representative, if you have any further questions or concerns.
Keep on Racking,
Category Director, Top of Car & Truck