What a Party!
Thank you to everyone who joined us for the Centennial Contest celebration. The contest has concluded, but the celebration isn’t over so keep sharing your photos and following us @yakimaracks as we announce the remaining winners and continue to bring you stories from the road.
Your photos of the National Parks are all it takes. New or old, there’s bound to be some good ones you’ve taken over the last 100 years, so show them off! Post them using #YakimaNPContest and follow @yakimaracks. Simple? Yes.
- Post a photo featuring a National Park
- You may post your photo on Instagram, Facebook, and/or Twitter
- Tag with #YakimaNPContest and follow @yakimaracks
- Submissions will be entered to win daily prizes, a signed National Parks Poster or Sticker Pack
- We drew one name each week to win 1 of 3 Grand Prizes – The Centennial ShowCase
- Click here for contest terms and conditions
ADAM HAYNES, Our Favorite Neighbor
When deciding who to collaborate with on a very special project for the 100 year anniversary of the National Park Service, we didn’t have to look far. Bend, Oregon, just to the east of our HQ in Lake Oswego is where artist Adam Haynes resides, but his presence reaches far beyond that. The freelance illustrator who also can be found under the handle of @stickfort and stickfort.com, Adam fits the mold when considering not only his work but interests as well. He’s a family man who can also be found wrenching on his Toyota Landcruiser, fly fishing, and snowboarding .
You could score some awesome art, sweet stickers and maybe – just maybe – one of the Centennial ShowCases.
- Each day’s favorite pic earned a signed Adam Haynes National Park poster with the artwork he created for us, plus a sticker pack.
- Daily runners up got a sticker pack.
- Each daily winner was entered in the weekly drawing for the Centennial ShowCase 15.
Yakima + National Park Foundation
This year we are pleased to announce that Yakima is partnering with the National Park Foundation to celebrate 100 years of the National Park Service. This centennial milestone is something we are so proud to be a part of and through our partnership, we will help support critical projects and programs to ensure that the next generation can experience and make more memories in our treasured national parks. Whether you are out camping, cycling, or paddling in one of the incredible National Parks, or embarking on your own awesome national park adventure, be sure to share your memories and stories by using #findyourpark or going to findyourpark.com.